Monday 28 October 2013

Research - FernGully : The Last Rainforest

I have watched "FernGully : The Last Rainforest" (1992).

This film is about a fairy girl, Crysta, who lives in a Rainforest FernGully.

This film has really nice art work on layouts.
The art style for this film is similar to what I am looking for, not overly detailed but detailed enough that it won't look like a flat image.

This film's lighting is brilliantly done to show the sun light between the trees by just adding the light streak, I think I might do some experiment on the light streak once I have my final layout.

Also then the fairies flies they leave a fairy dust which is shown on the bottom image, I would like to add a similar effect on my animation, maybe when the butterfly is flying around.
The perspective angle on this film in general is also well done, the perspective part is something that I really need to work on, so this film was a good example to improve my layout design.

Overall, I enjoyed this film and I am hoping to create a film that gives the similar feeling of magical theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment